- October 26 – Where Is Your Treasure?
- November 2 – The Problem with Two Masters
- November 9 – Giving Your Treasure Back to God
- November 16 – Commitment Sunday
What is this sermon about?
This sermon is about where we find our treasure and how it can impact our hearts.
Why is this sermon important?
This sermon is important because it helps reveal the connection between our finances and our heart.
What is the context of this sermon?
This is the first sermon in our stewardship series which will conclude with making our annual giving commitment on November 16.
What are the next action steps?
The next steps are to reflect on these questions
- What percentage of my income is God calling me to give in the year ahead?
- If you didn’t have your debt or commitments, and if you could choose where to store up treasure, where would it be?
- As you consider where you would store up treasure, take a moment to assess realistically where your treasure currently is? Do you feel your heart divided?
- What beginning steps can you take to lay up treasure in heaven?
What is the good news (bottom line)?
The good news is that, through Christ, we can lay up treasure in heaven away from the damage of moth, rust and thieves.