Requirements for Marriage at First UMC El Dorado
- Completion of four pre-marital appointments with preacher.
- In person meeting with the wedding coordinator.
- Presentation of properly executed marriage license at or before the rehearsal.
- A waiting period of at least six months following a divorce or death of a spouse shall be observed to allow for healing following the end of a previous marriage.
- The church grounds are alcohol and drug free and the buildings are alcohol, drug and smoke free. If alcohol or drugs are present on the premises, the preacher reserves the authority to cancel the service.
- The balance of $400 is due to the church office two weeks before the wedding day.
- Please make all payments in the form of a check payable to “First United Methodist Church” with the name of the couple in the memo line.
- Need-based reduction of fees is available, contact Rev. Mik King.
Schedule of Fees for a Wedding in the Sanctuary
|Scheduling Fee (non-refundable)||$50.00|
|Use of Sanctuary||$50.00|
|Service of Preacher||$150.00|
Schedule of Fees for a Reception in the Fellowship Hall
|Use of Fellowship Hall||$200.00|
|Cleaning Deposit (refundable upon successful inspection)||$250.00|
- Please review the Wedding Ministry Policy for detailed guidelines as well as financial responsibilities.
- Email Rev. Mik King at pastor@FirstUMCElDorado.org with “Wedding” in the subject line or call the church office at 316-321-6220 to set up an initial conversation with Rev. Mik about your wedding. Please be ready to share name and contact information of couple and preferred wedding date.