- All Church Conference approves formation of a Facilities Planning Team to explore how we might most effectively use our facilities as a tool to accomplish God’s plans for our church.
- Facilities Planning Team received input from the congregation and worked with GravityWorks Architecture to develop a master plan for our facilities.
- January – Share results of 2014 master planning process with congregation
- February – Facilities Planning team meets with groups and individuals to receive response and questions
- March – Phase One priorities determined based on 54 online surveys and in person conversations with dozens of people in small groups.
- August 16 – Ten priorities were presented to congregation along with budget estimates
- August 16 to 31 – All church survey open to gather feedback on ten priorities
- October 22 – Results of all church survey shared with congregation
- January 5 – Capital Campaign Feasibility Study Presentation
- January 11 – Our Church Council voted unanimously to move forward with a capital campaign in the spring of 2016 to raise $800,000 which will be used to modernize our electrical infrastructure and renovate our sanctuary.
- April 24 to May 22 – Growing Forward Campaign
- June 5 – First Fruits Offering Received to begin 3 year giving period
- August 1 – Renovation plans approved by District Board of Church Location and Building
- August 7 and 14 – Town Hall Meeting and Q&A Gatherings for conversation and questions
- August 21 – At an all church conference, our congregation voted to move ahead with the Growing Forward renovation. The congregation also authorized a construction loan to help facilitate the flow of payments for the work.
- September 1 – Submitted loan application for $350,000 to Kansas Area United Methodist Foundation.
- September 8 – Signed contract with Gravity::Works Architecture to begin architectural drawings
- October 5 – Interview Conco Construction, Simpson Construction Services, and Commerce Construction for the construction management (CM) form of contracting
- December – Contractor preparation
- December 24 – Candlelight Christmas Eve in sanctuary
- December 25 – Christmas Day Worship in sanctuary
- January 1 – New Year’s Day Sunday Worship in sanctuary
- January 8 – Final Worship in sanctuary before renovation
- January 15 – Begin worship in Fellowship Hall
- January to April – Construction
- April 16 – Begin worship in renovated sanctuary
- April 23 – Reconsecration of renovated sanctuary
- June 4 – Celebrate one year of Growing Forward campaign
- April – Celebrate one year in renovated sanctuary
- June 3 – Celebrate two years of Growing Forward campaign
- April – Celebrate two years in renovated sanctuary
- June 2 – Celebrate completion of Growing Forward campaign