The Endowment Team of First United Methodist Church is ready to help you plan a legacy gift for the future of our church’s ministry and mission.
The purpose of our Endowment Team is to develop endowed funds and support the future needs of our church’s ministry and mission by encouraging our members to remember First United Methodist Church in their wills, trusts, retirement accounts and life insurance designations. To do this, the church and past donors have established various types of funds. They include:
- Facility Improvement – Funds are used for facility additions or improvements, not for repair and maintenance
- Facilities Repair and Maintenance – Funds are used for facility repair and maintenance.
- Youth Fund – Funds are used to promote youth ministries
- College Scholarships – Funds are used to offer higher education scholarships for persons connected with the church
- Religious Leadership Development – Funds may be used to aid in the further education of pastors, students taking a religious course of study, staff development of lay persons and to promote religious education events.
- Programs Fund – Funds are used for programs, ministry and other opportunities to help the church accomplish its mission and vision