- November 30 – The Present (Angels)
- December 7 – The Humble (Mary and Joseph)
- December 14 – The Outsider (Shepherds)
- December 21 – The Seeker (Magi)
- December 24 – The Christ (Candlelight Christmas Eve)
What is this sermon about?
This sermon is about God seeking Mary through the angel Gabriel and the message that she will give birth to a child.
Why is this sermon important?
This sermon is important because it offers the model of Mary to say yes to God, even when what God asks is hard and difficult.
What is the context of this sermon?
This is the first Sunday of Advent. The Hanging of the Greens worship service is in the afternoon at 5:00 PM.
What are the next action steps?
Pay attention to your spending this Christmas. Whatever you spend on your family, I invite you to give an equal amount to our Christmas Eve Offering to help others in Butler County and Africa.
What is the good news (bottom line)?
Nothing is impossible for God. Even when what God asks is hard and difficult, we can say yes.