- November 30 – The Present (Angels)
- December 7 – The Humble (Mary and Joseph)
- December 14 – The Outsider (Shepherds)
- December 21 – The Seeker (Magi)
- December 24 – The Christ (Candlelight Christmas Eve)
What is this sermon about?
This sermon is about Joseph, his life circumstances and humility.
Why is this sermon important?
This sermon is important because it is a reminder that we do not have to be the center of attention to be used by God.
What is the context of this sermon?
This is the second week of Advent. This sermon has been prepared with the help of The Journey to Bethlehem sermon series at The United Methodist Church of the Resurrection which was November 28, 2010 to January 2, 2011. More information about this series can be found online at http://j.mp/1yMt0gL.
What are the next action steps?
Be humble as you seek Christ this season
What is the good news (bottom line)?
The good news is that God chooses the humble Mary and Joseph to be used for God’s purposes and God chooses you.