Jesus didn’t come to start a religion. The rebel Jesus came with a renegade gospel to start a revolution. Join First United Methodist Church in worship as we discover Jesus all over again.
- February 22 – Come, Follow Me
- March 1 – Discovering the Rebel Jesus
- March 8 – Revolutionary Lifestyle
- March 15 – The Most Important Question You Will Ever Have to Answer
- March 22 – Seeing Jesus Today
- March 29 – The Way of the Cross
- April 5 – Resurrection
What is this sermon about?
This sermon is about how we might learn from and live the revolutionary lifestyle of Jesus and the early Christians.
Why is this sermon important?
This sermon is important because it is a reminder that the call to follow Jesus is not always an easy road.
What is the context of this sermon?
This sermon is preached on the third Sunday in Lent. A family of five is joining the church at the 11 a.m. worship service, including baptism of their three chidlren. Also, daylight savings time begins today. This sermon and series were developed using The Renegade Gospel by Mike Slaughter as a guide.
What are the next action steps?
The time of preparation to celebrate Easter is the perfect time to be honest with yourself about the way you are living in response to the good news of Jesus Christ.
- Is the Kingdom of God my top priority?
- Do my actions indicate that I follow Jesus?
- Do others see something unusual or curious about the way I live?
- Am I willing to cause trouble and disturb the peace because of my faith?
- Is Christ real to me?
What is the good news (bottom line)?
Here is the good news: when we profess Jesus as Lord, the Holy Spirit which empowers believers for a revolutionary lifestyle, lives in us.