Jesus didn’t come to start a religion. The rebel Jesus came with a renegade gospel to start a revolution. Join First United Methodist Church in worship as we discover Jesus all over again.
- February 22 – Come, Follow Me
- March 1 – Discovering the Rebel Jesus
- March 8 – Revolutionary Lifestyle
- March 15 – The Most Important Question You Will Ever Have to Answer
- March 22 – Seeing Jesus Today
- March 29 – The Way of the Cross
- April 5 – Resurrection
What is this sermon about?
This sermon is about Jesus’ question for Peter – Who do you say that I am?
Why is this sermon important?
This sermon is important because it is a question we will all answer at some time in our lives.
What is the context of this sermon?
This sermon is preached the day after I drove back early from the confirmation trip to Kansas City to be in worship on Sunday. This sermon and series were developed using The Renegade Gospel by Mike Slaughter as a guide.
What are the next action steps?
Answer Jesus’ question, “Who do you say that I am?”
What is the good news (bottom line)?
The good news is that God sent Jesus to show us the way, set the example and help us live as part of God’s kingdom.