- July 17 – The Peanuts Movie
- July 24 – Field of Dreams
What is this sermon about?
This sermon is about our identity in Christ and some of the basics of the Christian faith, as illustrated by The Peanuts Movie.
Why is this sermon important?
It is important because our identity in Christ has an impact in every area of our life.
What is the context of this sermon?
This sermon is preached the Sunday after we showed The Peanuts Movie as a free outdoor movie. It is the day before our Vacation Bible School begins. It is part of a two week series which is acting as an intermission between the Five Marks of a Methodist series.
What are the next action steps?
- Look forward, toward Christ.
- Treat people in the same way that you want people to treat you.
- When you have a choice about which path to take, choose life.
- Know that you are a child of God.
- Live that way.
What is the good news? What is the bottom line?
The good news is that God sees the truth about us. We are all children of God.