Jesus didn’t come to start a religion. The rebel Jesus came with a renegade gospel to start a revolution. Join First United Methodist Church in worship as we discover Jesus all over again.
- February 22 – Come, Follow Me
- March 1 – Discovering the Rebel Jesus
- March 8 – Revolutionary Lifestyle
- March 15 – The Most Important Question You Will Ever Have to Answer
- March 22 – Seeing Jesus Today
- March 29 – The Way of the Cross
- April 5 – Resurrection
What is this sermon about?
This sermon is about Palm Sunday and the way of the cross.
Why is this sermon important?
This sermon is important because it contains the beginning of the final preparations before Jesus death.
What is the context of this sermon?
This is preached after an incredibly busy week. This sermon and series were developed using The Renegade Gospel by Mike Slaughter as a guide. This sermon was also developed from Adam Hamilton’s Sermon, “The Last Week in Jerulsalem. Anyway, enjoy!
What are the next action steps?
- Say no to yourself
- Take up your cross daily
- Follow Jesus
What is the good news (bottom line)?
The good news is that the way of the cross leads to the resurrection and beyond.