Advent is a time of active waiting. It’s a waiting for hope that does justice, a waiting for peace that forgives freely, a waiting for joy that is merciful, a waiting for love that loves your neighbor as yourself. This Advent, we will wait actively. We will do something simple and beautiful every day.
Beginning on November 27, stories, scripture and a simple invitation every day will challenge us to respond to God and others with down-to-earth love, humility, lifestyle, and obedience. Join us at First United Methodist Church of El Dorado as we count down the days until God’s new world is born on Christmas Eve.
- November 27 – Down to Earth Love
- December 4 – Down to Earth Humility
- December 11 – Down to Earth Lifestyle
- December 18 – Down to Earth Obedience
- December 24 – Be Loved. Do Love.
- December 25 – A Service of Lessons and Carols