Study the Bible
Daily Reading Plan
- Last Sunday – John 6:5-13
- This Sunday – Galatians 5:22-23
- Monday – Luke 13:22-30
- Tuesday – Luke 13:31-35
- Wednesday – Luke 14:1-14
- Thursday – Luke 14:15-24
- Friday – Luke 14:25-34
- Saturday – Luke 15:1-10
- Next Sunday – Luke 15:11-24
Galatians 5:22-23, CEB
22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against things like this.
Consider these Questions
- What excited or resonated with you?
- What challenged or frustrated you?
- What was confusing or did not make sense?
- How did this change your understanding of your faith and your relationship with God?
Your Life with God
Use these questions on your own or as part of a Wesley Small Group.
- Where are you currently in your relationship with God?
- How have you felt God’s presence in the past week?
- Where have you seen God at work in your life in the last week?
- How is your life in God?
- How is it with your soul?
- On a scale of 1 to 10, what number would you give to how close you feel to God today? Why?
- How are you living as a disciple of Jesus Christ as you worship, grow, give, serve and share? (choose one today)
- Where are you seeking guidance from God?
- How can others in this group pray for you and your walk with God?
Serve the Church and World
- What are upcoming opportunities for you to serve on your own or with a group?
Wesley Small Group Gathering
- Getting to Know You – Choose 1 or 2 questions (15 minutes)
- What’s your favorite quotation?
- Which is more important intelligence or common sense?
- What’s the best way to spend a rainy weekend?
- Opening Prayer
- Study (25 minutes)
- Your Life with God (30 minutes)
- Serve (5 minutes)
- Concerns and Prayers
- Closing Prayer
As a Wesley Small Group, we covenant to …
- Pray together and for one another
- Devote time during each meeting to study together.
- Actively participate and engage in the Wesley Small Group meeting.
- Respond to group communications and inform the group of an absence.
- Respect differences, treat each other with love.
- Keep what is shared within the Wesley Small Group confidential.
- Provide care to every member of the Wesley Small Group
- Serve together at least twice a year.
- Review and recommit in one year.
Wesley Small Group Reminders
- Wesley Small Groups will be a safe place to learn about Christ.
- Wesley Small Groups will provide a place where members can practice living as a disciple of Jesus Christ.
- No one will ever be called on to pray or talk.
- Groups will be composed of a mix of believers in a variety of spiritual stages.
- Discussion facilitation will ideally rotate among members of the group.