Getting to Know You – Choose 1 or 2 questions (15 minutes)
- If you could have a conversation with a deceased friend or relative, who would you choose?
- What’s the best and worst thing about being a woman or a man?
- What do you miss about childhood?
Study the Bible (25 minutes
Use these questions as you read the Bible and be ready to share with your Wesley Small Group.
- What excited or resonated with you?
- What challenged or frustrated you?
- What was confusing or did not make sense?
- How did this change your understanding of your faith and your relationship with God?
Daily Reading Plan
- Last Sunday – Luke 4:16-19
- This Sunday – Matthew 1:23
- Monday – Luke 2:33-35
- Tuesday – Matthew 2:1-2
- Wednesday – Matthew 2:7-8
- Thursday – Matthew 2:9-11
- Friday – Matthew 2:13-15
- Saturday – Matthew 2:16-17
- Next Sunday – Ezekiel 37:1, 3 and Luke 2:1-20
Matthew 1:23, CEB
23Look! A virgin will become pregnant and give birth to a son,
And they will call him, Emmanuel.
(Emmanuel means “God with us.”)
Matthew 1:23, NRSV
23“Look, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son,
and they shall name him Emmanuel,”
which means, “God is with us.”
Your Life with God (30 minutes)
Use these questions to reflect on your life with God and be ready to share with your Wesley Small Group.
- Where are you currently in your relationship with God?
- How have you felt God’s presence in the past week?
- Where have you seen God at work in your life in the last week?
- How is your life in God?
- How is it with your soul?
- On a scale of 1 to 10, what number would you give to how close you feel to God today? Why?
- How are you living as a disciple of Jesus Christ as you worship, grow, give, serve and share? (choose one today)
- Where are you seeking guidance from God?
- How can others in this group pray for you and your walk with God?
Serve the Church and World
- What are upcoming opportunities for you to serve on your own or with a group?
Concerns and Prayers (5 minutes)
Take time to pray each day for others and yourself and be ready to share with your Wesley Small Group.
- How can others pray for you and your walk with God? For your family, neighbors, and friends?
Wesley Small Groups
As a Wesley Small Group, we covenant to …
- Pray together and for one another
- Devote time during each meeting to study together.
- Actively participate and engage in the Wesley Small Group meeting.
- Respond to group communications and inform the group of an absence.
- Respect differences, treat each other with love.
- Keep what is shared within the Wesley Small Group confidential.
- Provide care to every member of the Wesley Small Group
- Serve together at least twice a year.
- Review and recommit in one year.
Wesley Small Group Reminders
- Wesley Small Groups will be a safe place to learn about Christ.
- Wesley Small Groups will provide a place where members can practice living as a disciple of Jesus Christ.
- No one will ever be called on to pray or talk.
- Groups will be composed of a mix of believers in a variety of spiritual stages.
- Discussion facilitation will ideally rotate among members of the group.