Getting to Know You – Choose 1 or 2 questions (15 minutes)
- Who has inspired you as a mentor and why?
- If you could have another name, what would you choose?
- What quality do you think is most important in marriage?
Study the Bible (25 minutes
Use these questions as you read the Bible and be ready to share with your Wesley Small Group.
- What excited or resonated with you?
- What challenged or frustrated you?
- What was confusing or did not make sense?
- How did this change your understanding of your faith and your relationship with God?
Daily Reading Plan
- Last Sunday – Luke 2:8-10
- This Sunday – Luke 4:16-19
- Monday – Luke 2:1, 4-7
- Tuesday – Luke 2:8-10
- Wednesday – Luke 2:11-13
- Thursday – Luke 2:15-17
- Friday – Luke 2:18-20
- Saturday – Luke 2:25-27
Luke 4:16-19, CEB
16Jesus went to Nazareth, where he had been raised. On the Sabbath he went to the synagogue as he normally did and stood up to read. 17The synagogue assistant gave him the scroll from the prophet Isaiah. He unrolled the scroll and found the place where it was written:
18The Spirit of the Lord is upon me,
because the Lord has anointed me.
He has sent me to preach good news to the poor,
to proclaim release to the prisoners
and recovery of sight to the blind,
to liberate the oppressed,
19and to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.
Luke 4:16-19, NRSV
16When he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up, he went to the synagogue on the sabbath day, as was his custom. He stood up to read, 17and the scroll of the prophet Isaiah was given to him. He unrolled the scroll and found the place where it was written:
18“The Spirit of the Lord is upon me,
because he has anointed me
to bring good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim release to the captives
and recovery of sight to the blind,
to let the oppressed go free,
19to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.”
Your Life with God (30 minutes)
Use these questions to reflect on your life with God and be ready to share with your Wesley Small Group.
- Where are you currently in your relationship with God?
- How have you felt God’s presence in the past week?
- Where have you seen God at work in your life in the last week?
- How is your life in God?
- How is it with your soul?
- On a scale of 1 to 10, what number would you give to how close you feel to God today? Why?
- How are you living as a disciple of Jesus Christ as you worship, grow, give, serve and share? (choose one today)
- Where are you seeking guidance from God?
- How can others in this group pray for you and your walk with God?
Serve the Church and World
- What are upcoming opportunities for you to serve on your own or with a group?
Concerns and Prayers (5 minutes)
Take time to pray each day for others and yourself and be ready to share with your Wesley Small Group.
- How can others pray for you and your walk with God? For your family, neighbors, and friends?
Wesley Small Groups
As a Wesley Small Group, we covenant to …
- Pray together and for one another
- Devote time during each meeting to study together.
- Actively participate and engage in the Wesley Small Group meeting.
- Respond to group communications and inform the group of an absence.
- Respect differences, treat each other with love.
- Keep what is shared within the Wesley Small Group confidential.
- Provide care to every member of the Wesley Small Group
- Serve together at least twice a year.
- Review and recommit in one year.
Wesley Small Group Reminders
- Wesley Small Groups will be a safe place to learn about Christ.
- Wesley Small Groups will provide a place where members can practice living as a disciple of Jesus Christ.
- No one will ever be called on to pray or talk.
- Groups will be composed of a mix of believers in a variety of spiritual stages.
- Discussion facilitation will ideally rotate among members of the group.