Opening (5-10 minutes)
Getting to Know You Questions
Study the Bible (10-20 minutes)
Use these questions as you read the Bible with the daily reading plan and to discuss a passage of scripture with your Wesley Small Group.
- What excited or resonated with you?
- What challenged or frustrated you?
- What was confusing or did not make sense?
- How did this change your understanding of your faith and your relationship with God?
Daily Reading Plan
- Sunday, February 25: Genesis 17:1-7, 15-16; Romans 4:13-25
- Monday, February 26: Psalm 105:1-11, 37-45; Genesis 21:1-7; Hebrews 1:8-12
- Tuesday, February 27: Psalm 105:1-11, 37-45; Genesis 22:1-19; Hebrews 11:1-3, 13-19
- Wednesday, February 28: Psalm 105:1-11, 37-45; Jeremiah 30:12-22; John 12:36-43
- Thursday, March 1: Psalm 19; Exodus 19:1-9a; 1 Peter 2:4-10
- Friday, March 2: Psalm 19; Exodus 19:9b-15; Acts 7:30-40
- Saturday, March 3: Psalm 19; Exodus 19:16-25; Mark 9:2-8
Reprinted from Revised Common Lectionary Daily Readings, copyright © 2005 Consultation on Common Texts.
Your Life with God (20-30 minutes)
Use these questions to reflect on your life with God and invite each Wesley Small Group member to share their response to one.
- Where are you currently in your relationship with God?
- How have you felt God’s presence in the past week?
- Where have you seen God at work in your life in the last week?
- How is your life in God?
- How is it with your soul?
- On a scale of 1 to 10, what number would you give to how close you feel to God today? Why?
- How are you living as a disciple of Jesus Christ as you worship, grow, give, serve and share? (choose one today)
- Where are you seeking guidance from God?
- How can others in this group pray for you and your walk with God?
Serve the Church and World
- What are upcoming opportunities for you to serve on your own or with a group?
Concerns and Prayers (5 minutes)
Take time to pray each day for others and yourself and be ready to share with your Wesley Small Group.
- How can others pray for you and your walk with God? For your family, neighbors, and friends?
Wesley Small Groups
As a Wesley Small Group, we covenant to …
- Pray together and for one another
- Devote time during each meeting to study together.
- Actively participate and engage in the Wesley Small Group meeting.
- Respond to group communications and inform the group of an absence.
- Respect differences, treat each other with love.
- Keep what is shared within the Wesley Small Group confidential.
- Provide care to every member of the Wesley Small Group
- Serve together at least twice a year.
- Review and recommit in one year.
Wesley Small Group Reminders
- Wesley Small Groups will be a safe place to learn about Christ.
- Wesley Small Groups will provide a place where members can practice living as a disciple of Jesus Christ.
- No one will ever be called on to pray or talk.
- Groups will be composed of a mix of believers in a variety of spiritual stages.
- Discussion facilitation will ideally rotate among members of the group.