Every United Methodist Church has been challenged to provide cleaning kits for people to use to help clean up after Hurricane Harvey. First UMC El Dorado is going for 15 kits! Can we do it? With your help, we can!
Here are two ways you can help:
We have created a disaster response fund to receive funds. $65.00 will purchase the contents for one flood bucket. You can contribute to this fund online here and select “Disaster Response.” You may also give by check in the offering during worship with “Disaster Response” in the memo line. Any funds given that are not used for cleaning kits will be given to the United Methodist Committee on Relief.
Bring one of the following items to the church on Sunday between 8 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. or Tuesday between 8 a.m. and 12 noon.
- 15 Liquid laundry detergents (50-oz. or two 25-oz. bottles)
- 15 Liquid household cleaner (12‐16 oz. liquid cleaner could be mixed with water, no spray cleaners)
- 15 cans air fresheners (Aerosol or pump)
- 15 insect repellant spray (6‐14 oz. aerosol or spray pump with protective cover)
- 15 scrub brushes (Plastic or wooden handle)
- 15 clotheslines (One 100-ft. or two 50-ft. lines, Cotton or plastic)
- 30 pairs kitchen dishwashing gloves (durable enough for multiple uses)
- 15 pair work gloves (Cotton with leather palm or all leather)
This is a great opportunity for children, youth, and adults to participate in these relief efforts.