Kids are an integral part of the happenings at First United Methodist Church, and we look forward to partnering with you to help the children in your life become Jesus followers. FirstTots designates programs designed for kids from birth – 5 years (but not yet in Kindergarten), and FirstKids designates programs for kids in grades K-5. With relevant and meaningful programs on Sunday and during the week, it is our hope that families grow together on their journey to worship, grow, give, serve and share.
First United Methodist Church takes safety seriously. We use Safe Gatherings to screen and train our staff and volunteers (https://safegatherings.com). Listed below are some of what you can expect from us to make sure kids are safe:
- Staff and volunteers who have gone through rigorous background and reference checks;
- Staff and volunteers who have completed boundary awareness training;
- At least two adults in every classroom;
- A check in process to ensure security;
- Physical space that protects children from injury.