Mission of Guest Connections
The mission of Guest Connections is to reflect the love of Christ by preparing the way for people to encounter God, and by being welcoming, helpful and gracious to all, so that all who gather experience true community in worship.
Guest Connections Roles
Guest Connections includes:
- Usher Team – three each worship service
- Ushers make a positive impression on guests, encouraging them to return.
- Ushers lead by example, modeling radical hospitality for our congregation.
- Ushers perform critical functions before, during and after worship.
- Host Team – three each worship service
- Offer radical hospitality to all who enter our doors. Radical Hospitality is beyond friendly; striving to consistently exceed people’s expectations of welcome and inclusion.
- Warmly welcome and greet our guests before each worship service.
- Host Team members are positioned before and after the service at each entrance to the building and at the Connection Point.
- Communion Team – three for each service at which we serve communion.
- Prepares and offers the life-changing sacrament of Holy Communion to those who gather for worship.
- Medical Response Team – One each worship service
- Ensure appropriate supplies are available
- Coordinate with healthcare providers in the congregation to provide medical response on Sunday morning, as needed
How long do Guest Connections team members serve?
- Guest Connections team members will serve for a school year – July to June
- There will be an intentional effort to keep those serving on this team as new to the church as possible.
- Team leaders will be responsible for reminders and replacements, as needed.
- 5th Sundays are designed to create an opportunity for new people to try out serving on the Guest Connections Team.