Memorial gifts provide a meaningful way for individuals, families and groups to witness their thanksgiving for the life of a loved one. To give a gift in another’s memory is a faithful expression of respect and love that goes beyond death. Your gift to the Memorial Fund will enable our church to provide special items or ministries that benefit our church. It may be appropriate to remember a loved one by requesting that “in lieu of flowers, the family suggests that contributions be made to the First United Methodist Church of El Dorado.”
The Memorial Committee will maintain a list of needs in the church which are not funded in the church budget and which would be suitable as a memorial gift. All memorial gifts will be received by the Financial Secretary, deposited in our Memorial Fund, acknowledged to the family by the Memorial Committee and / or Pastor and utilized in a timely manner. The Memorial Committee may work in consultation with members of the deceased’s family to determine appropriate use of memorial funds.
Suggested Memorial Gifts
- Memorial Candle Holder for memorial, prayer vigils, and other occasions.
- Brasstone Candlelighter Stand for acolytes in worship
- Shallow Intinction Bowl (Set of 2) for use during Holy Communion
- The New Interpreter’s Bible Commentary Set for library and congregation use.
- Endowment Missions Fund – support church and denominational mission projects
- Endowment Programs Fund – help secure the future of our church as part of our permanent endowment.
- Endowment Repair and Maintenance Fund – Provide facility and infrastructure needs for ministry
- Endowment Capital Improvements Fund – Provide for future capital improvements for our building and grounds
- Area of greatest need