Due to low registrations, this event has been canceled.
Please call Towanda UMC at 316-536-2222 or email Andrew.Conard@FirstUMCElDorado.org with any additional questions
What is Leading Beyond the Walls?
Drawing from the leadership teaching of Senior Pastor Adam Hamilton, leaders from The United Methodist Church of the Resurrection will share principles and practical ideas that you can translate into your own setting. Modeled after Resurrection’s annual Leadership Institute that more than 18,000 clergy and lay leaders have attended of the past 12 years, this “mini-institute” is bringing the same resources to you.
Don’t miss this opportunity to:
- Explore effective leadership principles
- Discuss 10 characteristics of growing churches
- Share practical ideas you can translate in your own ministry setting
Who is presenting at Leading Beyond the Walls?
Two key leaders from The United Methodist Church of the Resurrection will present Leading Beyond the Walls. Check back for more information as presenters are finalized.
Who is Leading Beyond the Walls For?
Leading Beyond the Walls is for congregational leaders, staff, pastors and volunteers from United Methodist Churches in the Wichita East District. This event creates the opportunity for local churches to bring ministry teams together to experience the training so that they can begin to implement changes immediately and as a group.
Is childcare available?
Childcare is not available for this event.
What is the cost?
The registration fee is $20 per person, payable the day of the event in cash or check.
- 8:00 AM – Registration
- 8:30 AM – Opening Comments and Devotion
- 8:45 AM – Session 1
- Growing churches take prayer seriously
- Growing churches have a clear purpose and vision
- Growing churches have leaders that lead effectively and spiritually
- 10:15 AM – Break
- 10:30 AM – Session 2
- Growing churches are outwardly focused
- Growing churches pursue excellent outreach or evangelism
- Growing churches do excellent follow-up on visitors
- 12:30 PM – Lunch
- 1:15 PM – Session 3
- Growing churches offer worship that inspires and connects people to God
- Growing churches have pastors that preach sermons that connect with un-churched people.
- 2:45 PM – Break
- 3:00 PM – Session 4
- Growing churches disciple and care for their people well
- Growing churches make plans in their ministry.
- 4:30-5:00 PM Closing and Sending Forth – The Hope for Methodism
For more information, please call Towanda UMC at 316-536-2222 or email Andrew.Conard@FirstUMCElDorado.org.
RSVP and register using the form below on or before October 1.