Alpha is a chance to explore and question the meaning of life.
The Alpha Course is 10 sessions and a day away. Each session includes a delicious meal, practical talks and time for group discussion. At any point, if you think Alpha isn’t for you, that’s not a problem. There’s no pressure, no follow up and no charge.
This course will meet from 6:00-7:30 pm on Wednesdays at 421 W Central Avenue; El Dorado, KS 67042.
- October 7 – Is There More to Life than This?
- October 14 – Who Is Jesus?
- October 21 – Why Did Jesus Die?
- October 28 – How Can We Have Faith?
- November 4 – Why and How Should I Read the Bible?
- November 11– How Does God Guide Us?
- November 14 – Alpha Day Away – 8:45 AM to 2:30 PM
- Who is the Holy Spirit?
- What Does the Holy Spirit Do?
- How Can I Be Filled with the Holy Spirit?
- How Can I Make the Most of the Rest of My Life?
- Childcare is not available for the Alpha Day Away
- November 18 – Why and How Should I Tell Others?
- November 25 – The Alpha Course will not meet on Thanksgiving week.
- December 2 – How Can I Resist Evil?
- December 9 – Does God Heal Today?
- December 16 – What about the Church?
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much is it?
- There is no charge for the Alpha course.
- Is childcare available?
- Free childcare is available for children from 4 months through 5th grade.
- What about a meal?
- There will be a free dinner for adults and children provided each week.
- Is the course only for Christians?
- No. It is designed for people with or without a Christian faith.
- How can I invite my friends?
- You can invite them to visit www.FirstUMCElDorado.org/alpha.